Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Passing It On


It is often the smallest comment or look that can make a difference in someone's day! Yesterday I called at a phonebank for the "Campaign for Change" in Georgia. It was amazing! This is not something I have felt comfortable with...but I did enjoy it...WHAT does this have to do with the subject at hand? A couple of the cold calls I made reached elderly or infirmed people...I state why I was calling, and asked my questions. They answered my questions, giving me in their answers a little of their situations...and I gave them a few positive words...I smiled when I talked (and I think they picked up on that smile). In some very small way I felt that they felt better because they had answered my phone call (regardless of the purpose of my call!) In a very small way, I had passed on some kindness. Opportunity abounds for "passing it on".
And of course I have a quote:
Sometimes someone says something really small, and it just fits right into the empty place in your heart.
(from the Television show, My So-Called Life)

No comments: