Sunday, May 3, 2009

No Ordinary Day







It's the everyday...it's the fact that no day is an ordinary day...today is what we have...and I am so thankful for today!






I woke up this morning wondering what the day would hold. Of course, I know that alot of what the day will hold is up to me...so I set my day off first thing confirming a positive attitude, and giving thanks for all in my life...for being just exactly where I am (physcially, emotionally, mentally, spiritually) and confirming that growth is possible and change inevitable.

The phone rang...it was my son-in-law Robert. Robert doesn't usually call me...but today he did. Robert had my granddaughters at their little house in Michigan for the weekend while my daughter, Amanda, was having a "women's weekend" in Wisconsin with friends.
Georgia got on the phone with her "Hi, dd" and "I love you, dd"...and then she gave the phone to her younger sister, Winnie...and for the first time I heard Winnie say, Loud and Clear, "dd".

You might wonder why I write about this...just the ordinary...but it's the ordinary that means so much to me...that enhance my day...enhance my life.

My new gingko tree sprouted leaves for the first time (yes, natural in nature) but the leaves held off and appeared on my birthday! I had iris ready to burst into bloom, but held off until Earth Day.

Do these things make me happy...of course they do...BUT...they go beyond, THEY BRING ME JOY! They contained spirituality.


If any of these things had happened at a different time, maybe I would have just been happy...but knowing they happened exactly at the moment when they would mean the most....JOY!
As you go thru your daily tasks, just remember:
"There is no such thing as an ordinary day."

2 comments:

abigail said...

I am so glad you updated! And what a sweet tribute to "TODAY" because you are right that there is no ordinary day...each one is a gift. xoxo

jen said...

You are no ordinary woman, Diana. It's inspiring that you can see the extraordinary in what most people take for granted as ordinary.